The Westridge Elementary PTSO (Parent Teacher Student Organization) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization run by parent volunteers of Westridge Elementary School in Lake Oswego, Oregon. Through parent and community donations, we help to fund field trips, technology, and over 30 school programs each year for the enrichment of Westridge students.
Please "Like" and "Follow" us on our Facebook page and on Twitter @westridgeES to stay up to date with our school! Thanks and Go Wildcats!
Have any questions? Email Us.
PTSO stands for “Parent Teacher Student Organization.” Westridge PTSO’s main objective is to enhance our children’s learning environment via community building activities, curriculum support, and facility enhancements. We strive to make every child’s potential a reality.
Overall, we work to strengthen the sense of community between Westridge families and faculty through events, programs, and initiatives; and to foster meaningful communication between them.
We hope all parents, teachers and staff will join the Westridge PTSO to help carry out this mission. Remember your child will spend six years in elementary school, three years at junior high and four at the high school. Given that almost 50% of their time is spent here, it’s a great place to start to lay the foundation for future success. Welcome to a community that not only values education but backs it up every year.
Examples of the line items that PTSO supports are:
- Field trips at all grade levels: previous trips to OMSI, The Zoo, Bonneville dam, JA BizTown, etc.
- Red Ribbon Week activities: teaching our children to make positive choices
- Art Literacy: Lake Oswego City Sculpture, Michelangelo, Rembrandt, Pissarro, Miro.
- Science Fair: Children develop and present their projects.
- Educational support materials: for the classrooms, ex. IXL math, robotics.
- Library books: Purchasing new up to date books for our school. (Hard copy & electronic versions for a variety of Lexile levels)
- Facility Improvements: Playground, computer carts, filtered water fountains.
- Technology: iPads, Chrome books/laptops, Smart Boards and Document Cameras in the classrooms.
How can Westridge parents assist the PTSO?
ATTEND PTSO MEETINGS- During our meetings we provide important information on all upcoming events.
VOLUNTEER - We support about 30 events a year and we could not run all of our events successfully without the help of our fantastic parent volunteers. We look forward to your support in order to continue the educational enrichment valued by the Westridge community. Any amount of time you have to volunteer is appreciated.
FUNDRAISING - Please consider participating in our upcoming fundraisers during the school year. Every little bit helps and 100% of all money raised goes back directly to Westridge.
Get connected to your school, tap into a network of families and be a role model to your child by demonstrating the importance you place on education. Our entire PTSO Executive Board looks forward to working with you on another productive and successful school year! If you have any questions or would like to contact the PTSO with any ideas, please email WestridgePTSO@gmail.com.
2021-22 PTSO BOARD