Registration & Verification
Registration is the one-time process of enrolling a new student who has never attended Lake Oswego School District (LOSD) before. This is typically done through the District's online registration portal. Review the guidelines below to determine if your student can be registered online.Verification is the annual process of reviewing and updating information for students who are already enrolled in LOSD. Parents should log into ParentVUE for verification during the district's verification window.Documents Required for Registration:
The following documents must be provided to the enrolling school in order to complete your child's registration:
- Proof of LOSD residency (e.g., recent utility bill with home address)
- Official record of child's birth (e.g., birth certificate, passport)
- Oregon Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) form *or* you can type in child's immunization dates within the online registration portal
- Copy of current IEP if applicable to your child
- If your child is age 7 or younger, a Dental Screening Certificate
These other documents are optional; however, the enrolling school may request them later if you do not provide them as part of the registration process:
You should use online registration if:
- Most recent high school transcript if applicable to your child
- Copy of current Section 504 plan if applicable to your child
You cannot use online registration if:
- You are registering a new student who has never attended an LOSD school or program at any time in grade K-12 or post-high school.
- You live within LOSD boundaries or have an approved Inter-District Transfer or Tuition application.
- You are registering your student for one of the District's 10 schools (as listed under "Select a School" above) or for the LO Online program. Click here for LO Online information.
- Returning Student: your student withdrew from an LOSD school in the past, is not currently enrolled in LOSD, and is now returning to an LOSD school. Use the paper registration form.
- Preschool or pre-kindergarten: you wish to enroll your student into preschool or pre-kindergarten. (Apply through LOSD's Community School.)
- Alternative Placement: your student is enrolling into an educational program managed by LOSD, but will not attend an LOSD school. Use the paper registration form.
- Transition Student: your student is enrolling into LOSD’s Community Transitions Program (post high school). Use the paper registration form.
- Early Admission: you wish to enroll your student into a grade level that is above the student’s age. Visit our Kindergarten Early Admission page for information about this grade level.
- Unapproved Inter-District Transfer: if you reside outside LOSD boundaries and wish to enroll your student without paying tuition, you must first obtain approval for an inter-district transfer from your resident school district. Do not use online registration until this approval has been obtained.
- Unapproved Tuition Student: if you reside outside LOSD boundaries and wish to enroll your student by paying tuition, complete the tuition application form before using online registration.
- Harmony Academy: You are registering your student for Harmony Academy charter school.Visit Harmony Academy's website for information.