Spanish Immersion Kindergarten Application Process Details
Those wishing to participate in the lottery must submit their application to the District Administration Office no later than 3:30 PM on Friday, February 21, 2020. Applications may be obtained at any of the six elementary schools, District Administration Building, or on the LOSD website.
- Applicants will be entered into the lottery for either the north side or south side of the lake schools (Forest Hills, Oak Creek and Lake Grove are north side. Hallinan, River Grove and Westridge are south side). The number of available slots per side of the lake will depend on the number of kindergarten siblings given ‘first priority’ who have enrolled. Each side of the lake will have an equal number of slots.
- Applicants’ names will be drawn randomly for the available slots by side of the lake.
- Applicants not receiving enrollment slots will be added to their side of the lake wait list in the order drawn.
- Should one side of the lake have fewer applicants than slots available, the remaining slots will be made available to the other side of the lake applicants.
- Should slots still remain, early admission students (born between September 2-15) whose Early Admission application have been reviewed and accepted by their resident school's principal, will be drawn by lottery to fill remaining slots.
The lottery will be conducted at 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday, February 26, 2020 at the District Administration Office. All applicants will be notified of lottery outcomes by Friday, February 28, 2020. Please contact Lisa Oliva (email@example.com or 503-534-2120) on Wednesday, March 4, 2020 if you have not received notification.
CONCLUSION OF LOTTERY PROCESS*
Following the completion of the lotteries, the district will make available any remaining slots in the class on a first-come, first-served basis. Applications received after the lottery deadline will be date-stamped and enrolled in a class if space is available. If classes are full, applicants will be added to the waitlist in order of receipt of application (except Early Admission applicants, who will be placed at the bottom of the wait list in order of receipt of application).
*Example of lottery process: Class size is set at 26 – Three (3) ‘priority’ siblings enroll – 1 from North side and 2 from South side. North side will be given 13 slots and South side will have 12 slots after the priority siblings are enrolled. All remaining applicants will be placed on the waitlist (in order of lottery draw) pending an opening in the program.
Those wishing to participate in the lottery must submit their application to the District Administration Office no later than 3:30 PM on Friday, February 21, 2020.