KINDERGARTEN ENROLLMENT STATUS BY SCHOOL: 2020-21
In the event that the number of kindergarten registrants exceeds the number of spaces available at each resident school, new registrants will be assigned to another district elementary school. Current status:
- Westridge - Accepting kindergarten students
- Lake Grove - Accepting kindergarten students
- Hallinan - At capacity. New registrations will be overflowed to another school in the district. ***Please register at Hallinan***.
- River Grove - At capacity. New registrations will be overflowed to another school in the district. ***Please register at River Grove***.
- Oak Creek - At capacity. New registrations will be overflowed to another school in the district. ***Please register at Oak Creek***.
- Forest Hills - At capacity. New registrations will be overflowed to another school in the district. ***Please register at Forest Hills***.
Please contact your resident school for all enrollment inquiries.
Entering Kindergarten 2021-22?
- Open to students who will be five years old by
- Geographical boundaries determine the attendance area for each school in Lake Oswego. Search for your resident school by entering your address in our SchoolSearch database.
- Online Kindergarten registration for the 2021-22 school year will open Wednesday, January 20, 2021. Please direct any enrollment inquiries to your resident school.
- On Friday, April 30th, any school that has more age-eligible registered kindergarten students than capacity will conduct a lottery. The Lottery Deadline is April 30, 2021. For more information, see "Lottery" below.
- Kindergarten Information Nights (Kindergarten Counts) is on January 20, 2021. Each elementary school will hold an incoming kindergarten information night for parents to learn about kindergarten and meet the school's staff.
- Kindergarten Transition Program, offered through the Lake Oswego Community School, is a two week program held in July and/or August to help prepare your child socially and academically to begin their first year of school. 2021 summer dates: planning in development.
- Kindergarten Assessments: Your child’s school will contact you in August with a date and time for your child’s Kindergarten
- Kindergarten first day of school: planning in development.
We are excited to welcome your student to the Lake Oswego School District for the 2021-22 school year! If you have any questions regarding the first day of school, would like to confirm whether your paperwork has been received, or the assessment schedule, please contact your resident school directly.
- Open to students who will be five years old by
Online Registration and Enrollment Guidelines
Register for kindergarten at the District's Registration & Verification webpage. Please direct any enrollment inquiries to your resident school.
- Students must be five years old by September 1 to enroll in kindergarten.
- Parents of children with a fifth birthday on or between September 2 and September 15 may request consideration for early admission. Visit our Kindergarten Early Admission page for more information.
- Lake Oswego elementary schools offer a full-day kindergarten program to all students.
Online registration SHOULD be used if:
- You are registering a new student who has never attended an LOSD school or program at any time in grade K-12.
- You live within LOSD boundaries.
- You are registering your student for one of the District's six schools.
Online registration should NOT be used if:
- Returning Student: your student withdrew from an LOSD school in the past, is not currently enrolled in LOSD, and is now returning to an LOSD school. Use the paper registration form.
- Early Admission: you wish to enroll your student into a grade level that is above the student’s age. Visit our Kindergarten Early Admission page for information about this grade level.
Kindergarten Lottery 2021-22
- On Wednesday, May 5, 2021, any school that has more age-eligible registered kindergarten students than capacity will conduct a lottery.
- Lottery Deadline: Friday, April 30, 2021.
- Lottery Tier 1: Applicants with age-eligible siblings currently attending the same resident school will be given priority and will not go into the lottery but MUST register by the April 30 deadline.
- Lottery Tier 2: Age-eligible registrations received by April 30, 2021.
- Lottery Tier 3: All registrations (including sibling and early admission) received after April 30, 2021 are subject to availability.
- Lottery Date: May 5, 2021.
- Lottery Notification Date: May 7, 2021.
- All enrollments not selected in the lottery or received after the April 30 cut off, whose school is at capacity, would then be automatically overflowed to other schools in the district.
- Overflow schools won't be finalized until summer and we will notify families as soon as school assignments are determined.
- Most families are enrolled and attend at their resident school and are not included in the lottery process.
- Bus transportation will be provided for overflow students.
- Early-admission candidates must be assessed and pass the approval process. Approved early-admission students will be placed at the end of the applicant list for placement in their resident school.
- Any students who are overflowed for kindergarten will return to their home school for 1st grade.