The general objectives of this course are to provide the learner with:
1. A model for establishing and/or modifying health behaviors.
2. Knowledge of eating disorders, depression, and suicide.
3. Knowledge of nutrition concepts and practice in food selection.
4. An understanding of infectious and chronic diseases which are common to modern life and how certain diseases can be influenced by lifestyle choices.
5. Knowledge of personal health issues associated with reproduction and the reproductive system.
6. Knowledge of risks and effects of substance abuse on various aspects of one's life and/or body.